- This event has passed.
Grand Cayman – Deputy Governor’s 5K Challenge
DEPUTY GOVERNOR’S 5K CHALLENGE 2023 – GRAND CAYMAN
Sunday, April 30th 2023 at 6:30am
This year’s beneficiaries are The Anti-Bullying Foundation, The Cayman Islands Red Cross and Loud Silent Voices. “We are in this together!”
Starts and ends at the Government Administration Building at 133 Elgin Avenue. From Elgin Avenue → Huldah Ave → Smith Road → Walkers Road → Melmac Ave → South Church Street → Seafarer’s Way → Fort Street → Edward Street → Elgin Avenue.
Trophies and Prizes
- Top 3 finishers in each age group, males and females; 13 and under, 14-16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Fastest male and female Civil Servant
- Most registrations, Civil Service
- Highest Percentage of Participants, Civil Service
- Most registrations, Statutory Authority and Government Company (SAGC)
- Most registrations, Private Sector firm
- Most registrations, Schools
- Raffle prize draw. Must be present to win.
The registration fee includes a DG’s 5K 2023 commemorative t-shirt or tank top and race bib number with timing chip. Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The online registration period ends on April 26. The price increases for late registrations made at the Packet Pick-up on April 27 and April 28, and on Race Day on April 30.
|REGISTRATION FEES||ADULT 18 and over||CHILD under 18|
|April 1 – April 26||REGISTER ONLINE||$25.00||$10.00|
|April 27 – April 28||CASH ONLY||$35.00||$20.00|
|April 30 Race Day||CASH ONLY||$45.00||$30.00|
1. Pay online – use your debit or credit card to pay now.
2. Pay at Packet Pick-up – register information online and pay in person with exact cash amount.
3. Civil Service Payroll Deduction – For Civil Servants only. Must provide a valid Government employee number. Employees of SAGCs are not eligible to use this payment option.
Packet pick-up will take place on Thursday, April 27th and Friday April 28th from 9:00am to 6:00pm at the Government Administration Building, main lobby, at 133 Elgin Avenue.
Corporate Groups may register their group and pay online now or select the pay offline option to pay at the Packet Pickup on April 27 & 28. Payment can be made by check at the Packet Pickup. Checks can be made payable to “Cayman Islands Government”. When registering please note the question that reads “Are you registering with a Private Sector Company? If so, enter the Company name below”. Please have all participants specify your company’s name. This will help us identify all persons registered for your group. For large groups of 20+ persons, please register online by April 24th and send an email to [email protected] if you wish to collect the race shirts and race bibs for the whole group at the Packet Pickup on April 27 & 28.
The Deputy Governor’s 5K Challenge event in Grand Cayman is a timed event. Race results will be published by Race Caribbean. All participants will receive a bib number with a timing chip at the Packet Pick-up. Participants should wear their bib on the front of their shirt.
Water stops will be along the route. Participants are encouraged to BYOB (bring your own water bottle) to reduce the use of single use plastics.
Parking is available in the lot across from the Government Administration Building, behind the old Immigration Building
Please note, no dogs on the course.
BY REGISTERING YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING WAIVER
I, the participant, or legal guardian if the participant is under 18, assume all risks associated with running/walking this event. I waive and release the Cayman Islands Government and all sponsors from all claims or liabilities of any kind.